Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Fantasy Football

I've been a pretty decent fantasy football player over the years, appearing in every championship game of every league I've been in for the past three years. I make the Buffalo Bills proud -- losing all six of said contests.

I have two teams this year, my serious Yahoo! team composed of friends where I drafted 11 out of 12. Then, I'm in a random ESPN league with people I don't know where I drafted 3 out of 10.

Here's my Yahoo! team:

Drew Brees
Clinton Portis
Marshawn Lynch
Anquan Boldin
Laveraneus Coles
Derrick Mason
Dallas Clark
Josh Brown
Tennessee

Matt Schaub
Jonathan Stewart
Deuce McAllister
Bernard Berrian
Bobby Engram
Reggie Brown

Here's my ESPN team:

Carson Palmer
Brian Westbrook
Earnest Graham
Andre Johnson
Braylon Edwards
Santana Moss
Chris Cooley
Shayne Graham
Seattle

Eli Manning
Rashard Mendenhall
Matt Forte
Ahman Green
Derrick Mason
Owen Daniels
Devin Hester

Obviously in my mind I did the best I could with where I was positioned, but I went the WR philosophy in the second round in the ESPN draft to see what I would end up with and I'm not totally comfortable with Earnest Graham.

It made me more comfortable with picking Portis and Lynch back-to-back in the Yahoo! draft. I looked back on the Yahoo! draft and the best I could've hoped for was Portis-Edwards-Parker -- we'll see if that's better than Portis-Lynch-Boldin. The only mistake I made after that was not taking Santonio Holmes, then coming back and getting Drew Brees. Actually we'll have to see if Portis-Lynch-Boldin is also better than Portis-Lynch-Holmes.

No comments: