Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Explanation

Here's why I picked the way I did:

1. The AFC South is the best division in football, and (1a.) Besides the Steelers, the AFC North is the most overrated division in football -- the South plays the North this year.

2. I believe in the Super Bowl loser curse -- the Patriots will be lucky to win 10 games this year. Call me crazy.

3. Tennessee won with smoke and mirrors last year, and I think their schedule is brutal. They could lose all of their home games. They won't, but it wouldn't shock me if they did.

4. The NFC South is awful -- awful, awful, awful. How New Orleans let last year get away from this is beyond words (awful).

5. The NFC East is the second-toughest division in football. Three teams from the East will make the playoffs just by default. There is no one in the other divisions to challenge them -- maybe Arizona (maybe), maybe Green Bay (maybe).

6. The Super Bowl will come down to who has the hottest hand, just like last year. I believe the Colts will have their struggles this year, but everyone will be healthy and ready come January. Peyton will have the hottest hand.

7. Teams I like to be better than they were last year: Buffalo, New York Jets, Houston (of course) and Philadelphia.

8. Teams that will not be as good as they were last year: New England, Tennessee, New York Giants (but they still make the playoffs) and Tampa Bay.

Eight is enough.

No comments: