Thursday, February 14, 2008

Steve Novak Rocks!!!

Rockets 89, Kings 87.

What a shot! My wife and I love Steve Novak, ever since the first time he showed up on the big screen at the games. We thought he was hilarious.

My wife has met him a couple of times the past few weeks as he came into her restaurant, and she said he was the nicest guy. He made reservations after a game one night, and he apologized for being late, because he had to speak to a Fellowship of Christian Athletes group after a game. Uhhh...yeah Steve, just don't let it happen again, ok?

Professional sports needs more guys like Novak. I watched the entire game last night and was so mad they let that lead slip away, but I couldn't have been happier with who ended up with the Rocket's final shot. As T-Mac kicked him to him I jumped off the couch and waited for the outcome: Swish! I gave a good "Woooo!" and settled in for the last play. I was so relieved for the Rockets' winning streak, but I just couldn't help but thinking how happy I was for that guy.

No comments: