Monday, February 4, 2008

Day After the Big Game

Monday after the Super Bowl should be a national holiday. I have always had a terrible time picking the Super Bowl, ever since 1991 when I lost $20 to a high school friend when I took the Bills. As a Houston fan, I've never had a rooting interest in a game, so I usually just root against the team I don't like. That makes it a difficult game for me to gamble on. Believe what you want, but I picked the Patriots to cover because I wanted the Giants to win. I've been wrong about so many Super Bowls, that I figured if I picked the Pats here, that would give the Giants a better chance. I actually thought the Giants would cover, but that would have led to a Patriots blowout. I will gladly trade my loss for the Patriots loss. Here's how I finished for the season.

Regular Season Totals
Straight Up: 176-80 (.688)
Against the Spread: 139-108-9 (.561)

Playoff Totals
Straight Up: 8-3
Against the Spread: 7-3-1

Combined Totals
Straight Up: 184-83 (.689)
Against the Spread: 146-111-10 (.566)

No comments: