Thursday, September 27, 2007

Thanks, Astros!

Before the 2007 baseball season ends on Sunday, I just wanted to say "thanks" to my beloved, favorite team: the Houston Astros. I was born and raised in Houston and did not leave until I went to college. I moved back to my hometown in January and couldn't wait to recapture the good old days when I would go to 15-20 Astros games a year. The Astros were so exciting this season that I went to a whopping four games.

Since I'm a newlywed and we had our financial strappings after the honeymoon, I want to thank the Astros for forcing me to stay home when I gladly would have blown more money to go see them.

Thank you Astros for making football season start in July. I set up my fantasy league weeks before training camp and followed the Texans throughout camp and even did something I rarely do: watched a down of preseason football.

The Astros have already got me thinking about the Rockets and the upcoming NBA season. Without them, I would have no idea training camp starts on Monday. I've already renewed my mini-plan with the Rockets and can't wait until November!

So, here's to you Astros! I can't wait until February, unless you do absolutely nothing over the next five months. Then, we'll be sucking A-Rod (Cubs), Prince and Pujols' sacks next year when they're all in our division.

No comments: