Tuesday, September 25, 2007

Preaseason Picks: Survivor Style

Through Week 3, I still feel pretty good about 11 of my 12 playoff teams. I've decided to do something a little different, I'm going to go Survivor style. I'm going to check back on the "island" every so often if I feel like one of the teams has fallen out of my favor. I have strategically picked a person to represent each team, so we'll see who is left at the end of the season. My wife and I are obvious choices for our respective cities, but you can tell who my favorites are by which team they are matched up with.

Here are my original 12:
NFC:
Dallas - represented by my wife
Philadelphia
Green Bay - Scarlett was dressed too fittingly to put her anywhere else
New Orleans
San Francisco - for Diego, my Colombian friend
St. Louis

AFC:
New England
Cincinnati - Had to throw something for my wife in there, right?
Pittsburgh
Indianapolis
Houston - represented by me
San Diego

The first casuality of the season, the first team to be voted off the island is St. Louis. I will replace them with a team from their own division and the team I should have picked in the first place: Seattle. People will think I'm crazy, but I like black-haired Hilary and black-haired Ashlee better than their blond alter-egos -- it makes them stand out.

On Survivor, you always have those people who are pissing everyone off and are in danger the next week. This week's candidates badly in need of immunity (another win): Cincinnati and Philadelphia. New Orleans gets immunity this week by default, they have a bye. However, their division sucks, so they pretty much have immunity the rest of the season.

No comments: