Thursday, November 1, 2007

I'm going to say it first

Let me get to one point everyone seems to be overlooking very quickly: I believe Alex Rodriguez wants to play shortstop if he is not a Yankee.

Does everyone forget that this guy was the greatest shortstop of all time before he went to a team that already had a Hall of Fame shortstop as its captain?

Everyone talks about him playing third and not fitting here and not fitting there. Well, I'm going to put in my two cents worth since nobody I've listened to makes sense.

I know the Red Sox don't want to disrupt their clubhouse chemistry, but do you think Varitek would let that happen? I suggest finding a suitor for Manny and Lugo, re-sign Lowell to play 3B and sign A-Rod to play SS. Do you think the Red Sox would be worse? No way in hell.

The other plan is to go to the Mets. This makes perfect sense, but the Mets have to get the OK from David Wright? Wright, stay put at third. You're going to be playing next to A-Rod and Jose is going to move to 2B. That way we can dump all the garbage we currently have at 2B.

That's Plan A and Plan B. Plan C is to sign with the Dodgers, Angels, Cubs or Giants and play wherever the hell you want, I guess. I'm an Astros fan, so I shouldn't even care, but I want to see A-Rod play shortstop again and I think he wants to play there, too.

No comments: